Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 30, 2008

11/30/08 TRACKS IN THE SNOW


Sunday, 8:45 AM. 28 degrees, wind N, light. The sky is overcast and the barometer predicts snow. We got about 1” of snow last night in town, which I scraped off the drive and walks this morning. I think there was more to the west and north, as there was a mini-blizzard as I drove back yesterday. There were a few deer tracks at the Larsen’s sugar bush, lots of coyote tracks and a very fresh track which at first I thought not big enough to be a bear and maybe was a wolf track but on closer inspection I am sure it was a small bear. I thought it would be denned up by now, but there have been a lot of bears seen this week. We didn’t go to church this morning as Joan still has a bad cough that won’t go away. I will probably go out and poke around in the woods later this afternoon, but I have pretty well come to the conclusion that this is just not my year. The ferry is going across to La Pointe just now; it doesn't leave any tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment