Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3/30/10 IT WAS FUN WHILE IT WAS FUN

RAIN PREDICTED
THE GARDEN IS "POPPING UP"
Tuesday, 7:30 AM. 40 degrees, wind SW, calm. The cannel is calm, the sky overcast and the barometer predicts rain.
I said goodbye to the Boston Whaler yesterday, which was purchased by the Apostle Islands Cruise Service. I learned much about wind and weather, but it got to be like a snow blower, every time I really needed it something broke or it wouldn’t start and I am not a “fix it” guy. Also, the slip rental became prohibitive and the boat too much for me to handle launching and retrieving alone. If I want to fish on the big lake I’ll go out with one of the very good charter captains, and otherwise I’ll stick to stream fishing. But, it was fun while it was fun.
The garden poppies and tulips are growing fast and soon everything will be popping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment