Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

3/26/08

Wednesday, 9:00 AM. 24 degrees, wind E, slight, barometer down, predicting precipitation. Skies overcast with some light snow falling, and the sun trying to peek through.
Yesterday was a decent sap run, finally. We collected 30 gallons and with 10 from earlier that’s enough sap to boil down to a gallon of syrup. It was a lot of work collecting, and I for one needed snowshoes or I continually broke through to my knees and beyond. A lighter person could get by without, but not me. The great disadvantage of snow shoes is that they are not very maneuverable, and if one falls over in the deep snow it is tough to assume an upright position. I am not going to the sugar bush today, Andy has a family coming out to help and I have errands to do. I will be available tomorrow and Friday afternoons if needed. This is not a one person project.

No comments:

Post a Comment