Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12/09/08 THE SUN DID SHINE (FOR A WHILE ANYWAY)



Tuesday, 8:00 AM. 19 degrees, wind E, light with gusts, the sky is overcast and there is snow in the air. The barometer predicts sunshine.
There are 12 days until the winter solstice and I can hardly wait for the days to start getting longer. I don’t think I could survive winters much further north. Right now I am looking forward to crisp, bright January and February days. It’s no wonder we need lights and singing and festivities this time of year. The days are so short now that I seem to get little done, and breakfast, lunch and dinner are compressed into a melange of fitful grazing. I need some excitement...maybe the Ashland Walmart will suffice.
Later: Walmart didn‘t do it, but the sun came out, and it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment