Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 29, 2008

12/28/08 THAWS OVER


Sunday, 8:00 AM. 17 degrees, wind SW, calm. Skies are overcast but the barometer predicts snow.
We had two days of melting, and the drives and walks are bare of snow and ice, but the roads are solid with crusty frozen slush and I walked with my Yak Tracks on. The channel is pretty well frozen over again this time without much snow cover, and it should now freeze solid.
The morning ferry is breaking ice, emanating a scraping screeching sound that reverberates up the hillsides. Snow had been predicted but did not arrive and that is O.K. with me at this point. If we get a few more good days I will clean the fireplace chimney. I usually clean it in fall, January and March. It’s not a bad a job if the conditions are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment