Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2/15/11 SIGNS OF SPRING, AND A GOOD BOOK FOUND

THE ARTIST'S BRUSH STROKES

SWELLING BUDS OF MOUNTAIN ASH
Wednesday, 7:45 AM.  28 degrees, wind W, light to moderate.  The sky is mostly overcast but with a gorgeous sunrise, and the barometer predicts snow.
    The thaw continues, the march towards spring further exemplified by the swelling, furry buds of the mountain ash trees.  I am happy to report that Ann Rumsey at What Goes Round, Bayfield’s used bookstore on Second and Manypenny, found a copy of Robert Ruark’s The Old Man and the Boy for me and I am happily immersed in its homilies.  My morning at least will be spent doing my duty as chair of the Bayfield Zoning Appeals Board, which is always interesting and challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment