Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2011

21/11/11 BUDDY AT THE BEACH, AND WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

SALLY SELLING HER WREATHS ON RITTENHOUSE AVENUE

BUDDY'S FIRST TRIP TO THE BEACH

SUNSET

FULL MOON RISING
Sunday, 8:00 AM.  27 degrees, wind WSW, calm.  The sky is clear but the barometer predicts precipitation.  It is a fine morning.
    I took Buddy to the beach for the first time late yesterday afternoon.  He didn’t know quite what to make of it all.  I didn’t let him off the leash.  I am beginning to trust him to stay with me but not yet in a new situation.
    Political commentary: the Republicans have begun an effort to recall State Senator Bob Jauch, who represents much of the Northland.  He is a member of the Senate Mining Committee and has not been supportive to this point of the still controversial G Tech iron mine.  He also left the state along with other senators to avoid voting on Governor Walker’s budget legislation earlier in the year.  Of course we are well into the Democrat effort to recall Governor Walker.  Now, I have little against Senator Jauch, who has been a good Senator in many respects and is an ardent conservationist.  However I was, like many conservatives, incensed at the leave-the-state-and–hide-in-Illinois silliness. 
   All I can say to or about Senator Jauch is, “what goes around comes around.”  I have stated many times that all this recall business is destructive, juvenile nonsense.  Hopefully everyone will have enough of it one of these days.  Personally, I would like to see the state constitution amended and either get rid of the recall provision entirely or limit it to recall upon conviction of a crime.  Neither party can govern under the present circumstances, and compromise is impossible.  I will not be so petty as to vote for a Jauch recall just to play tit-for-tat politics, but I will probably vote against him in the next senatorial election.     
   

1 comment:

  1. You have to love Sally! Selling things and is entertaining as well. I once took a lady friend out to her place to talk thru all the stuff. The lady afterwards asked, is she ok?
    I said who knows but isn't it a riot. Entertaining charactors in the Bayfield area!
    Junkyard Sally doesn't sound nice but it's what people say. There is also Woodcutter Bill
    on the way to Washburn of course.

    ReplyDelete