Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

1/29/12 FROZEN IN, AND HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE...

"AIN'T GOIN' NOWHERE...

...DITTO...

....US NEITHER
Sunday, 8:00 AM. 13 degrees, wind W, calm.  The sky is overcast but clearing.  The barometer is up and predicts sunny weather.  I have been checking with neighbors and I think my remaining thermometer runs about two degrees high, but until I get a new weather station one of these days, I will report what it reads.
        The Bayfield commercial fishing fleet (at least a few die hard fishermen) was still going out every day until recently, but now the ice is too thick to try to break through to open water.  Some of the boats stay tied up and frozen in, but many are out of the water on stands, especially if they need painting or welding before spring.
        Buddy just plays and plays, usually all by himself, in the house or out (I am leaving him loose a little more, as long as he behaves himself and comes back when he is called, but he can take off like a shot and disappear in the blink of an eye).
        Did you see the photos of Arizona Governor Brewer shaking her finger at the President as they met after he deplaned from Air Force One?  I would behave myself, if I were him, and remember, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”

No comments:

Post a Comment