Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

AN EASIER WAY

THERE'S GOT TO BE AN EASIER WAY

THE AVALANCHE 550 SNOW REMOVAL RAKE SYSTEM


BAYFIELD BIRD BATH
Wednesday, 9:00 AM.  4 degrees F, wind N, light with persistent stronger gusts.  The sky is covered with a low, gray overcast.  The humidity is 79% and the barometer is high, now at 30.53".  The day is in sharp contrast to yesterday, which was sunny the day long.  Although not particularly cold, the wind gave this morning's walk something of an edge.
   A few days ago I posted a photo of neighbors shoveling off their roof.  I haven't done that in several years and have come to the conclusion that by and large it isn't necessary for modern roofs with standard construction and pitch.  But, it's an individual call and blog reader Karen H. says she has found a roof rake that clears the snow from her roof easily (I have a roof rake, and mine isn't easy).  She recommends the Avalanche 500 or 550, manufactured in Buffalo, Minnesota.  I went to the Avalanche web site and the design of the rake is very unique, and their video makes it look easy to use.  The system uses a plastic sheet to slide the snow from the roof so it reduces the effort of pulling the rake.   I pass on the tip for any snowbound Northerners (and this winter some Southerners as well) who feel uneasy about the snow and ice load on their roof.
   Meanwhile, I might do something about the snow on the bird feeder but I would have to put on my snowshoes to get there.  I haven't used them this year as yet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment