Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 24, 2015

I'M SHOCKED, SHOCKED


.THE CHANNEL ICE, LIKE A LOT OF OTHER THINGS, LOOKS PRETTY ROTTEN...


"WILL NO ONE RID ME OF THIS TROUBLESOME OVERINFLATED FOOTBALL?"

Saturday, 9:00 AM.  35 degrees F at the ferry dock, 32 on the back porch.  Wind SW, very light with occasional light gusts.  The sky has a low overcast, the humidity is 84% and the barometer is more or less steady at 29.65".  The roads were slippery again this morning, but the driveway ice is melting nicely after a liberal application salt yesterday.    
  "There will be a price..." a White House source snarled, when commenting on Israeli Prime Minister Netenyahu's upcoming visit to the US Congress.  So, a piqued Administration indicates there will be a Chicago, mob-style response to a perceived slight.  Reminds me of the Obama statement of a few years ago, "If they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun."  Why am I not surprised at all this gangsta' talk?  
   Then again, there is Deflate Gate, the alleged tampering of game footballs by the New England Patriots.  "Who, me? "I'm just the coach. I didn't know footballs got air in 'em."'
   Thugs in politics, cheaters in sports.  
   To quote Captain Renault in the classic movie Casablanca, "I'm shocked, shocked..."

No comments:

Post a Comment