Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 29, 2015

GOOD, BUT NO CIGAR.

GOLDENROD ROUGED OUT AND A DOZEN PERENNIALS PLANTED

Saturday, 8:00 AM. 59 degrees F at the ferry dock and on the back porch as well.  Wind NW, light with stronger gusts.  The sky is partly cloudy and hazy, the humidity 95%, after a trace of rain which fell before dawn.  The barometer stands at 30.02" and is relatively steady.  The weather seems changeable but hopefully will be nice during the week ahead.
   I planted about a dozen new perennials in the garden  yesterday in place of the goldenrod I rouged out.  The rain saved me giving them another watering today, but they still have to be mulched.  All in all it was a much needed intervention, and hopefully I will be able to improve the garden more as it is put to bed later this fall.  The end result of my labors is, as they say...
   Good, but no cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment