Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 30, 2015

FOUND ONE!

WITCH'S BROOM IN A DIEING BALSAM FIR TREE
Monday, 9:30 AM.  32 degrees F at the ferry dock, 27 on the back porch.  Wind W, light.  Teh sky is filled with snow clouds and the humidity is 78%.  The balrometer is 30.28" and falling.  Snow tomorrow.
   After my post regarding witch's brooms several days ago I have been looking for one as i drive about; not the best way to navigate, by the way, as one's eyes are looking up and about instead of concentrating on the road. 
   Anyway, I found one hiding in plain sight at the corner of Hwy. 13 and Old San Road, just south of Bayfield.  The balsam fir tree it is located in is mostly dead, but the witch's broom looks healthy.  If I could retrieve it I would pass it on to a good propagator who might be interested in trying to grow cuttings from it.
   I found it, but I'll leave trying to climb up there to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment