Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

WEARING A LIE

o
THE OLD MAN WEARS HIS URBAN FORESTRY HAT...

,,,UNFORTUNATELY, HE IS WEARING A LIE




 LOVE "THE DONALD" OR HATE HIM, THESE HATS ARE AMERICAN MADE, BY LATINO WORKERS, IN LOS ANGELES, USA
Tuesday, 7:30 AM.  63 degrees F at the ferry dock, 58 on the back porch.  Wind variable, calm with occasional moderate gusts.  The sky is mostly sunny, with a few scattered, puffy white clouds.  The humidity has risen to 69% and the barometer is falling, now at 29.91".  We might get some rain by tomorrow night, but today should be pleasant and comfortable.
   I recently received a cap from Arbor Day Foundation that I should probably have given to a school kid, but I needed a cap..so there!
   Anyway, I thought it really neat that it is made by a company called "Cap America."  Rightly or wrongly, I assumed with that by name and ambition it was an American company.  Alas, looking at the label I saw that it was made in China.  To say that I was put off by that fact is to put it mildly.
   Now, I have nothing against the Chinese people, and I appreciate them coming to America as tourists and spending some of the money they make from selling us ball caps and such, but we have to have jobs for our own folks to do that don't require a PHD degree (including jobs for unemployed PHDs).  And try as I may, I find it hard to believe that Americans of any degree or status can't be competitive behind a sewing machine; I know my mother would have been.  And I can't for the life of me see why an honest entrepreneur with a good business plan couldn't compete with the Chinese Peoples Army or whomever makes Chinese ball caps, if the playing field were even remotely level.
   So here I am, as my mother would have said, "wearing a lie," and damned unhappy about it.
   Enter Donald Trump and his campaign ball caps proclaiming his motto, "Make America Great Again."  They are made by an American company in Los Angeles, and primarily by Latino workers, who have been making time and a half overtime keeping up with demand for the company's products.
   I may or may not vote for "The Donald," but I am going to buy one of the ball caps made by  the Cali-Fame company, of Los Angeles, USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment