Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11/17/09 WAY TO GO OLD TIMER

HARDLY A RIPPLE
NOT BAD FOR AN OLD TIMER
GOOD SHOOTING BENCHES
A FINE FACILITY
OBEY THE RU LES
SIGHT IN THAT DEER RIFLE

Wednesday, 8:00 AM. 31 degrees, wind SW, calm. The channel is glassy, with some steam rising from it. The skies are clear and the barometer predicts mostly sunny skies. The ferry makes hardly a ripple on the water.
Yesterday I went to the Town of Russell shooting range to do some target practice with the 7mm Browning Automatic rifle I inherited from my father-in-law. The facility, which residents of Bayfield are also welcome to use, is really good, built and maintained by volunteers. Except on weekends it is seldom busy and I had it virtually to myself. It is the kind of thing that makes living in small towns and rural communities so appealing. Respect the facility, buy a raffle ticket or lend a hand now and then and it’s yours, tax and fee free.
Today is my birthday, and the grouping of shots in the target at 100 yards looks pretty good. Way to go, old timer!

No comments:

Post a Comment