Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

10/24/11 FASCINATING FALL COLOR NUANCES

AZALEA AND WHITE CEDAR

BALSAM FIR AND SUGAR MAPLE

MAPLES, SPRUCE, FIR AND BIRCH

'AUTUMN BLAZE' MAPLE, COLORADO BLUE SPRUCE AND A RED TRUCK

RED GERANIUMS AND RED OAK

'AUTUMN BLAZE' MAPLE LEAVES AND CANADIAN HEMLOCK

Monday, 8:00 AM.  37 degrees.  Wind W, calm.  The sky is clear and the barometer up.  It will be a gorgeous late fall day. Yesterday it turned to rain in the afternoon, but only after I got the fallen leaves mulched with the lawn mower.  Today I will rake up some of the pine needles, and that will leave only putting the gardens to bed and doing some pruning before we get snow. And cleaning the gutters.  Tree board meeting this afternoon.
    Fall color fascinates me, and I hope my readers as well.  Now that the main fall color season is past, my eye has been attracted to the nuances of smaller palettes,  to vivid color contrasts, and to unusual color and plant species combinations.  I present them with no more comment than the brief descriptions of the photos.  I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment