Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 16, 2014

CATCHING UP

"LAKE SMOKE" RISING SUNDAY MORNING


FERRY SAILING PAST THE EMPTY MARINA BOAT SLIPS
Sunday, 10:00 AM.  22 degrees F, wind SSW, moderate with strong gusts.  The sky is mostly clear except for "lake smoke" (steam) rising off the channel and high into the atmosphere.  The humidity is still 79%, and the barometer is trending down, now at 29.90".  Buddy and I had a cold, slippery walk earlier in a biting winter wind.
   Yesterday was a catch-up day after  hectic travel left us all a bit tired,  Buddy and I did stop by the land behind the apple orchards where I usually deer hunt to check things out.  We were both happy to really stretch our legs after all the hours in the truck.
    The logging equipment has been relocated somewhere else and in doing so it packed down the deep snow enough that we negotiated it fine with the all-wheel drive locked in and got back to where I have relocated the deer stand.  I am afraid that I will not get it up this season as I can't raise it without some help and time is getting short.  There are deer tracks  in the deep snow near my new location, and I may do just as well without it.  In any case, it looks like I will be able to get around O.K. in the knee-deep snow.
   The 5:30 PM ferry from La Pointe was all lit up yesterday at dusk as it glided past the empty slips of the Bayfield municipal marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment