Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 5, 2015

FEELING THE URGE TO HBERNATE

FRIGID DAWN

FROZEN SUNSET
Thursday, 8:30 AM.  -4 degrees F, wind SW, calm with light gusts.  The sky is mostly clear, the humidity is 72%, and the barometer stands at 30.34" and is dropping rapidly, likely predicting snow over the weekend.
   It is brutally cold, and when the wind blows as it did yesterday, the windchill (which I usually discount) is  awful.  This is no weather to be out in for long.  That said, I guess I have become a hot-house tomato of late, and it's really time to toughen up.
   How cold was it yesterday afternoon while taking the dog for a run on Old San Road?  So cold that the dog whistle froze to my lips.  Reminded me of the old childhood cautionary adage not to put one's tongue on the pump handle.
   Where's my den?  I'm feeling the urge to hybernate.

No comments:

Post a Comment