Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT

FIRST ROBIN OF SPRING: A DAY LATE
Wednesday, 9:00 AM.  31 degrees F at the ferry dock, 29 on the back porch.  Wind ENE, very strong and steady.  The sky is clear, the humidity down to 63%.  The barometer has begun to rise, currently at 30.17".  Snow had been predicted for today, but that prediction but has been put off until Saturday.  Buddy and I had a windy walk this morning.
   Joan and I had been planning to leave for Madison this morning for an Urban Forestry Council meeting but I received a phone call late yesterday afternoon cancelling it because of predicted bad weather across the southern half of the state.  Storms often go south of Lake Superior, and weather can be greatly different from north to south in Wisconsin.
   I saw my first robin of the season yesterday afternoon, eating crabapples in the tree on the south side of the house.  I'm sure he would prefer worms but they are still too deep to extract from the ground.
   He was a day late.  I wonder if he was also a dollar short,

No comments:

Post a Comment