Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2017

AN AMERICAN MADE TV, AND CABIN FEVER TIME

32" ELEMENT TV, ASSEMBLED IN USA...

...EVEN A GREAT PRICE
ASHLAND  ICE RACE DAY
Monday, 8:15 AM: 17 degrees F at the ferry dock, 15 on the back porch.  Wind variable and mostly calm, the sky overcast and the humidity 89%.  The barometer is falling, currently at 30.03".  Snow is forecast tomorrow, then a dip in temperature, followed by highs in the twenties and a wintry mix of overcast and partly cloudy skies, and occasional snow showers.  It has been a rather dull winter so far weather-wise, but winter none the less.  I don't need any more drama in my life.
   I have taken to indoor walking at the Ashland Walmart.  The roads have been slippery for walking, and I am a bit paranoid about falling on my still healing shoulder, which would be disastrous, as would a mishap on the treadmill down at the Rec Center.  So I will schlepp myself to Walmart three times a week or so.  I figure it's about a quarter of a mile around the inside perimeter, so if I get up to three or four laps I should be doing myself some good.
   That also gives me a chance to check a few things out, and I can report they have a 32" Element TV on sale for $133, "Assembled in America," whatever that actually means.  Well, it's a start. Nobody ever said it would be easy.
   I also checked out the ice track on the lower Chequamegon Bay. Things were pretty dubious there as well; trucks, cars, snowmobiles and ATV's all sliding around playing bumper cars.  
   It is getting to be cabin fever time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment