Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

11/22/11 ANOTHER ODLY QUIET DAY IN THE WOODS, AND BUSTED FOR "PLAYING DOCTOR"

SILVER AND GOLD SUNSET
Tuesday, 6:00 PM.  27 degrees, wind SW, calm at present.  It was an unsettled day, cloudy and sometimes windy most of the morning, then warming to the high thirties  and suddenly clearing around noon, while clouding up and cooling off in the afternoon.  The barometer is again down, predicting precipitation.
    It was another mostly quiet day in the woods, almost no bird or small mammal activity.  It was briefly warm enough in the afternoon for a small, black fly to buzz about my face for a moment. 
    I cannot  sit or stand still for more than about an hour without my joints stiffening up, so I move a bit from place to place.  I noticed that when I walked off somewhere and then backtracked there were often deer tracks in my own, so evidently there was some deer movement that for one reason or another I did not see.  The weather has been so odd that I think the deer and other animal activity is not normal either. But, tomorrow is another day.
    Social commentary: A six year old Wisconsin boy has been charged with sexual assault for “improperly touching” a five year old girl while they were “playing doctor.”  We live in a society in which virtually anything goes on TV, the movies or anywhere else, everyone running around doing disgusting, often unnaturall things while in various stages of undress. And yet we are so uptight that kids can be charged with a crime for “playing doctor,” which is no more than a natural response to curiosity about their bodies and each other. Give me a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment