Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

BUT, I'LL TAKE IT!

FIRST ROBIN OF THE BAYFIELD SPRING
Tuesday, 9:00 AM.  31 degrees F, wind E, gusty.  The sky is overcast, the humidity is 64% and the barometer is beginning to trend down, now at 30.38".  This morning is pretty much a repeat of yesterday's.  The maple sap won't be flowing much today because there has not been enough differential in temperature.
  Yesterday afternoon I thought I heard the unmistakeable song of a robin in the front yard, and looking for the source I saw this lone bird among the still naked tamarack branches.
   It will have to subsist on last summer's fermenting crabapples, as the earth worms have not as yet  emerged trom the frigid soil.
  "One swallow doth not a summer make," nor one robin a spring.
  But, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment