Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 17, 2015

REHABILITATION

TREADMILL?  I'VE BEEN ON ONE MOST OF MY LIFE!

THE NEWSTEP MACHINE...AT LEAST I'M NOT OUT OF STEP

REHAB NURSES CINDY AND DANIELLE...KEPT ME HOPPIN'
Thursday, 930 AM.  23 degrees F at the ferry dock, 23 on the back porch.  Wind N, calm with light gusts. The sky has a high overcast and a few desultory snow flakes are falling.  The humidity is 80% and the barometer beginning to rise, currently at 29.70".  It is indeed winter.
   I reached a milestone of sorts yesterday, as it was the last day of my official cardiac rehabilitation.  For the last ten weeks I have been traveling to Ashland Memorial Hospital three days a week for monitored exercise, after heart bypass surgery.  It has been a good experience, physically and otherwise, and has been crucial to regaining my health.  
   In the program, which is covered by Medicare Part B Insurance ( which, by the way, I pay a hefty premium for), cardio exercise is gradually increased over time to rehabilitate heart and lungs.  The progress has been quite amazing, and the nurses well trained, knowledgeable and pleasant.
   Throughout my operations and convalescence I have been amazed at the dedication and attitude of doctors, nurses and support staff at all the facilities I have been at.  There is much wrong with American health care as a business, but the medical and support staff are, in my experience, highly trained, knowledgeable and compassionate professionals.
   Now it's up to me to carry on a long term, self-directed rehabilitation program.

No comments:

Post a Comment