Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 1, 2016

STILL WINDY

GARDENER'S LUNCH BREAK

SURF'S STILL UP...

...CAN'T DO A THING WITH MY EARS IN THIS WIND!
Sunday, 8:00 AM.  40 degrees F at the ferry dock, 38 on the back porch.  Wind NNE, gusty.  The sky is mostly cloudy and overcast, the humidity 84%.  The barometer is mostly steady, currently at 30.28".  Day after day, things haven't changed much.
   Martha's Garden has been looking better and better, but we haven't seen Martha, and yesterday all we saw were garden tools...but it was lunch time, and even gardeners deserve a noon break.
   I have been promising Buddy a run at the beach, and he can only be patient so long before he decides to go AWOL, so yesterday afternoon we went for a run, and found the winds just as strong out of the northeast as ever.  Buddy had a great time chasing the breakers as they rolled in, while I held onto my cap with one hand and my walking stick with the other.  
  I trained Buddy early on to respond to a whistle, with encouragement from a shock collar, and he learned quickly.  The electronic device is in disrepair and hasn't worked for a long time, but as long as I put the collar with its bells on him he responds immediately and happily to my whistle.  I hope he never discovers that I and my whistle are an empty threat.
   The streams entering into the big lake are all high and backed up, which means that the lake is high as well, although it may be that the constant strong northeast winds have stacked the water higher at this end of the inland sea.
   I don't think I have ever seen a stretch of windy weather like the current one.

No comments:

Post a Comment