Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2016

NOTHING LIKE GARDENING

GARDEN MULCHED, TULIPS, PEONIES, POPPIES EMERGING, DAFFODILS AND FORSYTHIA BLOOMING

ROSES PRUNED AND MULCHED, MINI DAFFODILS BLOOMING
Saturday, 10:00 AM.  40 degrees F at the ferry dock and on the back porch.  Wind ENE, very blustery.  The sky is mostly clear, the humidity 85%.  The barometer is at 30.31" and holding steady.  The forecast is for a bit warmer and dry weather for the next week.  This is the longest stretch of high winds from the north and east that I can remember.
   I got some garden work done yesterday; perennials mulched with wood chips, roses pruned and mulched, but at a price.  I am stiff and sore.  Treadmill and cross trainer to no avail; nothing prepares one for garden work but gardening.
  At least I have started, and given three or four decent days the spring garden and yard work should be done.  Hope I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment