Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2016

NEW STUFF

VIEW FROM THE PORCH...MAPLES AND PINES, THE CHANEL, MADELINE ISLAND IN THE DISTANCE
Friday, 9:00 AM.  44 degrees F at the ferry ock, 42 on the back porch.  Wind from the south, calm with light gusts.  Humidity 89%, sky again overcast.  The barometer is bottoming out, now at 29.87".  It will be an unsettled week, with temperatures near 60 today, then cooler, with overcast skies and  rain on Monday.
   Our big news is that yesterday we traded the 2008 Honda Ridgeline pickup in  on a 2010 model with a hundred thousand fewer miles; new tires,  major routine maintenance done, and a lower monthly payment.  A great deal on a great vehicle.  Love the Honda Ridgeline!
   My emphasis today is whether we can get trees dug and planted for a new client up on Bear Ridge Road, and finish before snow flies.  Much of today will be spent on meeting with the client and ironing out the details  with the nursery and the planting crew.  That and therapy for my arm, which takes a chunk out of the mid-day.
  Anyway, so much for retirement, which I sort of tried a few years back and didn't think much of, and if I were a decade younger I would think even less of. Can't work like I used to, though.  As the old guy in the nursing home said, "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."


VOTE FOR REAL CHANGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment