Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/03/10 THE SHOEMAKER'S CHILD

A DARK AND SULLEN MORNING
MINI-DAFFS CHEAR IT UP
LOTS OF WORK TO DO

Saturday, 7:30 AM. 43 degrees, wind SW, but changeable and very blustery. The sky is overcast, the channel waters are dark and sullen, and the barometer is down, predicting more of the same.
The lakeshore job is started, all the materials dragged precariously down the cliff. It will be finished on Monday, but if it doesn’t rain this morning I will have to water plants by hauling buckets up from the lake.
My work has always kept me busy with tasks other than my own yard and gardens in the spring. I have begun raking and pruning but have a lot left to do. As my mother used to say, “The shoemaker’s child never has any shoes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment