Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 30, 2010

4/30/10 PUTTING OFF THE INEVITABLE

A FEW DESULTORY DROPS
MY WEEDY, THIRSTY GARDEN

Friday, 7:00 AM. 48 degrees, wind NE, calm. The sky is overcast and it had been raining, a few desultory drops. The barometer predicts rain but it has been an unreliable prognosticator. If it doesn’t rain substantially I will have to drag out the hoses. I did water and fertilize the roses, which are surviving if not thriving. I cleaned up the garden as well as possible, considering that the soil is like cement. There is much incursion of grass among the bulbs and perennials and at some point the garden needs a complete renovation, a daunting task I have been putting off for several seasons. I purchased bags of cedar mulch yesterday and will apply it once the garden soil is well watered. That will make things look neater, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment