Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 4, 2010

4/04/10 HAPPY EASTER!

MY MOTHER'S GLASS EASTER EGG
A NATIVE PUSSY WILLOW ALL DECKED OUT FOR EASTER
A REALISTIC FISHERMAN
AN OVERLY OPTIMISTIC FISHERMAN

Easter Sunday, 10:30 AM. 45 degrees, wind S, calm. The sky is mostly clear and sunny, changing from overcast earlier. The barometer predicts partly sunny skies. It is a fine Easter morning, as full of promise as ever.
Being presently unchurched, I spent some time at the Sioux River beach with Lucky this morning. I have not yet bought a fishing license so I could only watch a few unsuccessful anglers relieve their frustrations by starting their motors and finding a slightly different location to be frustrated in.
The native pussy willows are in full anthesis (the male pollen bearing stamens being fully grown and covered with yellow pollen) and are very pretty.
We had Easter eggs and hot cross buns for breakfast, and Joan found my mother’s glass Easter egg and put it on display. It is a reminder of my childhood Easters. She also had a very delicate sugar egg, open on one end with a scene of bunnies inside, which I was always tempted to eat but never did, and since it has not been around for many years perhaps some other child, maybe one of my own, succumbed to the temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment