Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 17, 2012

MAYBE I WILL BE LUCKY

Saturday, 5:45 AM. 33 degrees F. Wind SW, calm.  The sky is star filled with no moon, and Orion now on the far SW horizon.  It is just cold enough to see one’s breath but a pleasant pre-dawn morning.
    Buddy has been walked and I have about half an hour before I drive to the deer stand for opening at 6:40.  Buddy would like to think he is going, but of course he will keep Joan company.  He proved himself an exceptional bird dog yesterday, as he pointed to two pine grosbeaks,   a scarlet breasted male and a dusky female, that were eating crabapples in the front  yard.  They were so tame they just continued gorging themselves.
    This is my birthday so maybe I will be lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment