Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

ANTICIPATION

SIOUX RIVER ICE HAS MELTED

FOG ON  MADELINE ISLAND
Sunday, 8:30 AM.  Wind WSW, calm.  The sky is cloudless.  There is some fog and haze over Madeline Island but it looks clear further to the east over the lake.  The temperature outside the door is twelve degrees, downtown next to the lake it is only one degree Fahrenheit.  The barometer is at 30.25 in. and the humidity is 85%.  Yesterday was beautiful, today will be so as well.
   We have started the countdown to our vacation, packing clothes, cleaning out the truck, anticipating our actions in the coming days and weeks. Buddy knows something is going on and is sticking close to us and being extra good.
   The Northland is also anticipating spring, the sun strong enough to cause melting now, even though it is still cold.  I got a call from Blue Mountain Peak Ranch yesterday, asking if I was coming hog hunting.  I had to make a decision, so I said yes, most likely we will be there two nights.  It should be an interesting experience.  Joan and I will stay in the bunkhouse...maybe she will come out to the blind with me, maybe not, she hasn't made up her mind about that.  We visited the ranch two winters ago and were quite taken with its beauty and the owner's environmental ethic.  I am also very interested in harvesting some totally wild and hormone-free pig meat for the freezer. Plenty of time to talk about that as I hope to post my blog while on the road.  For more information on the ranch, use the blog's search engine to read a prior post.
RANCHER RICHARD TAYLOR WITH A BIG TEXAS BOAR

No comments:

Post a Comment