Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1/06/09 OH, WHAT A B-B-B-BEAUTIFUL MORNING

Tuesday, 8:00 AM, 8 degrees, wind SW, calm. The sky is mostly cloudless, the few clouds on the eastern horizon reflecting the rays of the morning sun in a fantastic array of colors from orange to pink and mauve, with other colors I can neither name nor describe. My camera froze with the cold and by the time I warmed it up in my pants pocket the colors in the photo had become less diverse. The barometer predicts snow but I think not.
Walking with Lucky in the beauty of this crisp morning I found myself humming “Oh, What A Beautiful Morning,” from the 1950’s musical Oklahoma. Beautiful as it undoubtedly was, I rather suspect Curley’s teeth would have been chattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment