Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 8, 2010

5/08/10 A BLIZZARD AND A BEAR

FIRST SNOW, THEN RAIN
APPLE ORCHARD BLIZZARD
CAN YOU FIND THE BEAR IN THE PICTURE?

Saturday, 6:15 AM. 34 degrees, wind NNW, light. It rained all night, after a true spring blizzard yesterday afternoon that chased me and the crew off the job. There is 1” of rain in the gage and the barometer predicts more. I was so chilled I needed a fire in the fireplace and more than one martini to warm up.
The snow didn’t accumulate much in town, but there were several inches in the orchard country.
Now, you will have to trust my veracity here. As I am writing this at my computer in the office, a huge black bear just ambled by the window. The camera was still connected to the computer and by the time I got it in hand he was gone. You will have to picture a 400 pound boar, about the size of our dining room table, in the herb garden photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment