Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 20, 2010

5/20/10 'TIS THE SEASON TO BE SNEEZIN'

THE SUN NOW RISES FAR TO THE NORTH
PINE POLLEN...GUILTY!
OAK POLLEN...GUILTY !
LILAC...NOT GUILT Y!

Thursday, 7:00 AM. 62 degrees, wind W, calm. The sky is cloudless and the barometer predicts increasing cloudiness. The sun has moved far to the north and the days get longer and longer.
There is a lot of air borne pollen now and my eyes have been watering and nose running. Pines, grasses and oaks are all shedding pollen.
I think the pine pollen is the culprit for me. Insect pollinated plants like the lilac usually cause no sniffles, as they keep their pollen within their flowers. Lilacs are in full bloom now and I know their fragrance is delightful, but my nose is all stuffed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment