Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

MAGIC SLIPPERS

A NEW AMERICAN MADE CRAMPON

SPIKED, WORK BETTER THAN IMPORTED YAK TRAKS


Tuesday, 9:00 AM.  30 degrees F at the ferry dock, 28 on the back porch.  Wind variable, calm.  The sky has a low overcast and the humidity is 83%.  The barometer is moe or less steady, at 30.09".  Snow showers ae predicted for later today.
   My Yak Traks, for walking on ice, have worn out and become all rusted and gnarley, so I went to the Army and Navy Store in Ashland yesterday to replace them (I have become almost paranoid about falling on the ice and breaking something).  The young clerk suggested I try a new product, that he liked, called Stabils, of a different design, made in America and the same price.  They have metal claws rather than springs for gripping.  Always buying American when feasible, I bought a pair and put them on my Muck boots.  
   Walking with them seemed much easier and safer on the snow-covered ice as I trudged up the Old Military Road hill.  Suddenly, out of nowhere, a comely, long-legged  young woman blew past me, auburn pony tail flying behind her.  Her stride was long, her footing sure.  She wore running shoes. She gave me a wave as she passed by.
   What I really need is a pair of magic slippers that make me fifty years younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment