Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 19, 2010

11/19/10 RECOUNTING MY ADVENTURES

LOTS OF DEER TRACKS
THE DEER HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ACORNS

THE LITTLE CREEK NEAR THE STAND

Friday, 7:15 AM. 32 degrees, wind SW, moderate. It is overcast and the barometer predicts precipitation.
I made a last trip to my stand yesterday. There was still lots of snow on the ground and deer tracks everywhere, and I put down a new bait block. Saturday morning I will park the truck at the top of the hill and walk the half-mile or so down the old logging road in the dark to my stand.
Late yesterday afternoon coming back from Washburn an eight point buck stood on the side of the road. I slowed way down and it ran across the road in back of me. So, the rut is still on, a very good sign.
Beginning tomorrow and for the duration of the deer season I will post my blog in the evening, recounting the day’s adventures…or lack thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment