Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

11/21/10 COLD, WET AND BUMMED OUT. BUT...

LIKE FIFTY YEARS AGO IN THE NORTH WOODS

Sunday, 11:00 AM. 32 degrees, wind SSW, variable. The sky is overcast and it has been snowing or sleeting most of the morning. The barometer predicts more of the same.
I came in from the deer woods for an early lunch pretty cold, wet, stiff and bummed out. Plenty of deer sign but haven’t seen a deer so far. Yesterday was snowy, windy and in the low twenties all day. This is as I remember deer hunting in the north woods a half century ago, and it occurs to me we may be reverting to those climatic conditions. Anyway, I heard a few shots yesterday morning but none this morning. It appears the deer aren’t moving much. Yesterday as I was walking up the trail just about dark there was a fairly close shot in the woods to the north of me, but I saw nothing. After I have a hot lunch and rest up a bit I will go back out, particularly since I just drove past Don’s house up the road and he has a nice buck hanging from his deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment