Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 17, 2015

IT DIDN'T BOTHER BUDDY

BUDDY POINTING A GROUSE

GOLDEN DAYS

Sunday,  9:00 AM.  39 degrees F at the ferry dock, 30.43 on the back porch.  wind SW, calm with light gusts.  The humidity is 88%, the barometer 30.43" and falling rapidly, predicting unsettled weather for the week ahead.
   Yesterday we took a little drive looking at the considerable color that is still with us, and some of it was outstanding, such as the gold of  a maple and aspen woods along Star Route between Bayfield and the Settlement.
   We also stopped to let Buddy run down the seasonally abandoned Bloom Road, where we encountered a male grouse on each side of the road, both  drumming to assert their dominance simultaneously.  Buddy did what pointers do, and pointed both in succession.  I did not walk into the woods to flush either of them.  I did not have my twenty gage shotgun along as I am not supposed to shoot it, since  my pacemaker is on my right side and I shoot right handed.  I am not happy about that, but prefer to think of what I still can do, rather than of what I cannot, and we will see what the future brings.
   It didn't bother Buddy, as he doesn't expect me to hit a grouse anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment