Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 24, 2015

RAINY NIGHT

RAINY NIGHT
I LOVE A RAINY NIGHT
By 
Eddie Rabbit

I wake up to a sunny day
'Cause I love a rainy night
Yes I love a rainy night
Well I love a rainy night 

Saturday, 8:30 AM,  48 degrees F at the ferry dock, 46 on the back porch.  Wind N, calm with occasional moderate gusts.  The sky is cloudy and overcast, the humidity 90%.  The barometer is rising, now at 29.76".  We received a third of an inch of rain yesterday into this morning; it should clear tomorrow and rain again on Monday.
   Yesterday was a rain day, spent by us on a quick trip to Duluth for a doctor's appointment  (all's well on that count). We needed the rain.
    I can report that there is little color left on US 2 except for a few sugar and red maples reluctant to loose their leaves, and red oaks now mostly brown.  The other exceptions are the golden yellow needles of the tamaracks, which brighten swamps and ridges. Our tamaracks are just beginning to turn, and Bayfield itself is still very colorful.
   We drove back in rainy darkness, with one headlight out.  Not the best of situations, but as the song says, " I love a rainy night."


No comments:

Post a Comment