Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 9, 2010

1/09/10 "TO ALL THINGS THERE IS A SEASON..."

THE SUN SHINES HOPEFULLY THROUGH THE WOODS
A MORNING WITH A BITE IN IT
8:15 AM. 7 degrees, up from 4 degrees earlier. Wind WNW, very light. The channel appears to have a skim coat of ice this morning. The sky is blue except for clouds condensing over the open lake beyond Madeline Island.
The air has a bite to it when inhaled, but with little wind it is not really cold. I put on my wool vest under my winter coat but wore no scarf. My feet were not cold, even though I only wore sneakers with my Yak Traks over them. No one else was out this morning, so they missed the sun shining hopefully through the woods on Ninth and Manypenny.
The Christmas Tree and decorations have to come down this weekend, the Twelve Days of Christmas being well over. It seems as though we just put them up, but it is time, as “To all things there is a season…”

No comments:

Post a Comment