Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 21, 2010

1/21/10 DON'T DIS MY TRUCK!

IT'S A FINE WINTER DAY
DON'T GO KICKIN' MY TRUCK AROUND!

Thursday, 8:30 AM. 24 degrees, up from 20. Wind WNW, very light. The channel is mostly iced over. The sky is a cloudless, cobalt blue, but the barometer predicts snow.
This is not a political statement, just a defense of a favorite American mode of transportation. I love my pickup truck. I couldn’t operate my two small businesses without it. I would have a smelly trip to the recycle center/garbage dump without it. I couldn’t travel the forest back roads or hunt without it. I wouldn’t get very far in the winter without its four-wheel drive.
Plus, it is virtually indestructible, it rides well, and it offers a commanding view of the road . It is American made. It runs and runs and runs (162,000 miles and going strong). I admit it doesn’t get great gas mileage, but it is paid for. I was insulted when the Cash for Clunkers program tried to seduce me into junking it and go $25,000 into needless debt.
So, to all the elitist, Harvard educated pols and profs out there, I say, DON’T DIS MY TRUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment