Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2010

1/24/10 GO FIGURE!

OPEN WATER ON THE SIOUX
GUESS I WON'T WASH THE CAR
JUST HANGING AROUND, ENJOYING THE WEATHER

Sunday, 9:00 AM. 34 degrees, wind NE, light. The sky is overcast, it rained all night and rained as we walked this morning on roads sometimes wet, sometimes icy. It has just begun to snow quite heavily. We are on the backend of an enormous, slow moving low and I am glad not to have to go anywhere today. I guess I won't wash the car.
The Sioux River has open water above and below Hwy. 13 now, and is running pretty fast with snow melt from its watershed. Neighbor Sherman tells me that the ferry will indeed continue running beyond Tuesday.
I hadn’t seen a robin in weeks, and thought they had either finally flown south or lay dead under the snow, but there was one in the mountain ash tree this morning eating berries. Is he late, early, or just hanging around enjoying the weather? Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment