Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

NOT THAT ADVENTURESOM ANYMORE (and all my exes live in Texas)


WHAT'S THIS STRANGE OBJECT A COUPLE OF HUNDRED YARDS OFF THE MOUTH OF THE SIOUX RIVER?

A WADING FISHERMAN, OF COURSE!
Tuesday, 10: AM.  56 degrees F at the ferry dock, 53 on the back porch.  Wind NE, gusty atd times.  The sky is overcast but clearing, the humidity 86%.  The barometer is rising, now at 30.15". The skies should clear the rest of the week, with the temperatures around 60.  Fall colors are late and will be muted.
   Yesterday afternoon it stopped raining, so I took Buddy to the beach for a run.  There was a small object in the water about 200 yards off the mouth of the Sioux River and it took a minute to determine what it was; an adventurous fisherman, wading out to cast for salmon and trout.  Personally, I think it's too early, but maybe not, and I'm not that adventuresome anymore anyway.
   Joan and I have been watching the Brewers play the Texas Rangers, and there are so many Brewer players that have been traded to Texas recently that we don't know whom to root for.
   Reminds me of that Country song, "All my Exes Live in Texas."

ELECT A BUSINESSMAN...POLITICIANS ARE ALL TALK AND NO ACTION

No comments:

Post a Comment