Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 30, 2013

CHAIN SAWS AND PACEMAKERS

BULBS STILL BLOOMING IN THE GARDEN

CURBS OUT ON 6TH ST.

FOGGY MORNING

NEW SWEDISH BABY

Thursday, 8:45 AM.  60 degrees F on the porch, 52 downtown. The wind is calm. The sky is overcast and it is quite foggy, and the fog horns are sounding.  We got a bit more than .5" of rain last night, a welcome shower for the gardens.  The barometer stands at 29.71" and the humidity is 97%.  We likely will get additional rain.
   The road construction through town is proceeding nicely, and the old curbing along 6th street is all removed and ready to be replaced.
   I recently gained access to a great amount of firewood, dried slash, small logs etc. from logging on the Johnson property where I deer hunt.  My old chain saw is a relic, without a modern safety chain brake, and I no longer use it, so I went to Axel's in Ashland yesterday and bought a new 16" Stihl saw, made in Sweden and just the right size and feel for what I want to do.  But, when reading the operating manual there was a warning about chain saw spark plugs interfering with pacemakers.  I have gotten so used to my pacemaker that I never gave it a thought.
   I looked the subject up on the internet and the information was rather inconclusive, so I called the manufacturer, Boston Scientific, and was told that there should be no problem as long as the chain saw is kept at least 12" from the implanted device. So I am good to go, as I don't think I'll be carrying a running chain saw around in my arms, like a baby.

1 comment: